At one point I needed a quick way to combine copied text snippets. Rather than deal with the full power and complexity (read: extra clicks) of a clipboard manager I created this thing. It logs text copied to the clipboard, putting everything in one textbox for easy access. Clipboard captures can be separated & labeled with a timestamp, or just appended by themselves. It can also log the paths of copied or dragged&dropped files.
Version 4 or better of the .net framework is recommended. Get it from Microsoft.
No installation; just unpack and run. A settings file and ancillary files may be created in the program folder.
When started: use the checkboxes at the top set what you want to capture; then watch it work. Wee.
It's nice to have a hotkey for this sort of program. If you want that: go into settings and check the 'Add Shortcut to Start Menu' box, then click the edit link. You can add a hotkey there (under 'shortcut key').
In version 1.1 And above, there's also a "Quick Access" menu you can associated with a hotkey. This menu works like a modified right-click menu: it comes up next to the mouse when you hit the hotkey, and disappears when it loses focus. Its main purpose is to let you clear or paste ClipLogger's contents when you're working in another application. The commands on the Quick Access menu all have key's assigned to them, so it can be used exclusively from the keyboard.
Command Line Usage:
If an instance of the program is not already running, starts the program and immediately hides it.
Version 1.3; 2019-09-23
- Added: Re-did the separator/header settings to allow for custom headers. You can now put whatever you want between clipboard captures. You will need to set the new 'Entry Header' dropdown if you had customized the old checkbox-based settings that have been removed.
- Added: 'Save Contents As...' menu item in the main textbox's context menu. Saves a copy of the clipLogger content as a text file.
- Added: Whole-word checkbox in search panel.
- Changed: Some optimizations in clipboard handling.
- Changed: Experimenting with reducing the number of total re-writes of the backup file.
- Fixed: Showing the search pane and toggling filename collection were using the same hotkey. Now filename collection is ctrl+d; search remains ctrl+f.
- Fixed: linkify setting not being applied properly.
Version 1.2; 2019-08-21
- Added: Search feature. Toggle the search panel via the maginfying-glass link on the lower rightish. Related keys: press F3 or ctrl-f to show the search panel (or run a search if the panel is already open) press escape to hide the search panel if it's visible.
- Changed: Some accelerator keys on the Quick Access menu: 'd' no longer dismisses, instead it clears the buffer. Use the Escape key to dismiss. 'v' now pastes as well as 'p'.
- Fixed: improved hotkey code for function keys.
Version 1.1; 2017-04-15
- Added: Quick access menu & associated hotkey added.
- Added: Right click the settings button or the buffer display to quickly access some settings.
- Added: Use the F4 key to toggle the window's 'Top-Most' status.
- Fixed: Better window hiding on startup (no flicker)
- Fixed: Issue dragging unicode text.
- Fixed: Rare issue dragging text from the log.
Version 1.01; 2016-12-10
- Fixed: A couple of dumb bugs.
- Changed: Buffer now defaults to 64k
Version 1.0; 2016-11-28
- Added: New keyboard commands: ctrl+t and ctrl+f toggle collection of text and filenames, respectively.
- Added: Better UTF8 handling.
- Added: User Suggestion; Option to play sound on capture.
- Changed: If set, backup file is read to restore content when we start (like it should have been doing...)
- Changed: UI adjustments, mainly better way of saving window size.
- Changed: Settings for added timestamps and spacing now off by default; I suspect that's the more common use.
- Streamlined clipboard interaction code
Beta 3; 2016-06-27
- ADDED: Check-box in settings to control start-menu shortcut creation.
- Minor bug fixes.
Beta 2; 2015-10-17
- Refactored using newer template.
Beta 1; 2009-08-01:
- Initial release.
This software includes code or resources from the following sources:
This software is distributed as-is, without any representations or warranties of any kind.
The author of this software imposes no additional license terms or limits upon its use or redistribution.
Send to email@example.com